Q. I’ve signed the declaration – how do I move together with other Shire Society people?
A. While it is true that the Shire is a state of mind, it is also a physical location. It is commonly known as “New Hampshire”. It is within this arbitrary geographic land mass that the idea of the Shire was created. People who love liberty are coming to this place every month and joining together to stand for freedom. (Thousands have pledged to move and are moving as part of the Free State Project.) Moving to the Shire is as simple and as complex as any move. For some, it means moving businesses and families while others are couples or single people with varying levels of belongings. Some sell lots of stuff and others pack it all in a truck. Some move with very little, but it’s recommended you be prepared to take care of yourself upon arrival. Shire Society people tend to be generous, but aren’t interested in being used. In short, freeloading isn’t likely to get you very far. It’s smart to move with a “nest egg” to insure your maximum ability to settle into a new locale.
Q. When should I move to the Shire?
A. As soon as possible. Hundreds of liberty-loving people have already moved here, and more are moving every month. As soon as you are financially able and have cut the necessary strings tying you down where you are, come on up! You’ll find housing and jobs subforums over at the Shire Society Forum, as well as forums where you can ask questions of those already here.
Q. To where should I consider moving in the Shire?
A. You can certainly move to anywhere within they physical land mass known commonly as New Hampshire, but it makes the most sense to move around the areas of the highest concentrations of Shire Society people. Two of these areas are Keene and Manchester. Here is a map of the Shire to which you can add your location.
NEW: Now you can join the Free Streets Project and move to the same streets as other liberty-loving folks!
Q. Will signing and moving protect me from the aggression of the people calling themselves “the state”?
A. WARNING: The Shire is currently occupied by a large gang know as “the state”. This gang provides a variety of services, wanted and unwanted, as a means of covering their coercive, monopolistic method of “doing business”. Shire Society people should be aware that they could be the subject of some of these unwanted services, and remain peaceful. Hopefully the people calling themselves “the state” will repudiate their former ways and renounce advocating and using aggression against their fellow peaceful man, and join us in the Shire. Joining and moving can’t guarantee your safety, but you didn’t really think signing a piece of paper would stop armed criminals, did you? The best way to stop the violent monopolists is to stand peacefully together – here.
Here shall be a list of reasons to immiGREAT to The Shire:
- More peace-oriented voluntarists/anarchists per capita than anywhere else.
- Growing numbers of principled, liberty-oriented Shire people moving here to get more free and help set others free.
- The Shire community tends to be alternative currency-friendly – hard metals, bitcoin, etc.
- The Shire community is creating alternatives to the state society’s coercive system, like Shire Sharing and Shire 911. This is the Agora in action. For some of the latest efforts, take a look in the Shire tab of the menu bar.
- Other forms of agorism here have included cooking, haircuts, medical, and other unique services available only in the underground.
- The Shire independent media offers alternatives to the old pro-state media. The most pro-liberty media in the world are here including television, radio, print, and blogs. Large amounts of media-savvy Shire people willing to collaborate means creating your media vision can be possible here.
- Semi-yearly large gatherings/parties attracting hundreds like the Porcupine Freedom Festival and the Liberty Forum.
- Regular weekly social and strategy gatherings in areas with greatest concentrations of Shire people.
- Communicate at a distance with fellow Shire people via forum, facebook, two-way radio, 411 text messaging services like Keene 411, mass voicemail like Porcupine 411, and more.
- More opportunities for housing with other liberty-oriented people. Check the Shire Society forum for specifics to certain areas.
- Areas with the greatest concentration of Shire Society people, like Manchester and Keene (see a map) will have the greatest potential for response during situations with the state society gang members.
- Advantageous New England location with two international borders.
- It’s all about the numbers: the low general population means a larger positive effect per liberty-oriented person.
- The coercive state society aggressors tend to be less bad as their counterparts in other geographic areas.
- The area commonly known as New Hampshire has low unemployment and the best economy in the region.
- This is the land commonly known as New Hampshire, and the region still retains some of the “Live Free or Die” spirit. There were many reasons why liberty-loving pioneers moved here to create the Shire Society, and the Free State Project has “101 Reasons to Move to New Hampshire”, that contain many persuasive reasons.
Reasons to Move to Specific Areas: